Use the Paleolithic Diet Food List for a Healthier Life
Many people wonder why our ancestors used to live longer than our life span in the present which could be due to the paleolithic diet food list. They also wonder why people from ancient times were sometimes stronger, faster and healthier. It could be because they were less exposed to harmful objects and technologies and they ate healthy food. Eating healthy means people are conscious about what they are eating coupled with physical activities that compliment a healthy lifestyle.
One of the ancient cavemen diets that have long been in existence is the nutritional concept called the Paleolithic diet. The food types belonging to this food scheme in contemporary modern dieting includes grass-fed pasture-raised meats, vegetables, fish, nuts, roots, and fruits. The tenet is based on the idea that during the Paleolithic Era, people were confined to eating what they gathered from hunting. They ate lean meat, poultry, fresh fruits, and vegetables as a mode of basic sustenance. It may sound similar to the diet of our present generation however we must understand the ideas and explanations drawn by scientists from this kind of dieting. The Paleo diet food list is full of foods that are rich in protein (usually obtained from meat, poultry, seafood and fresh fruits and vegetables). Higher intake of these will reduce appetite, promote longer satiety, and prevents loss of lean muscles.
The Paleo Diet Food List That You Should Follow
In the present, it is a great idea to mimic the kind of dieting embraced by the caveman. Of course, this dieting scheme promotes fewer occurrences of diseases such as arthritis, diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, stroke, depression, schizophrenia, and cancer. These diseases are very common nowadays. This is a very smart and cheap option for all of us to achieve healthy living.
Here are some of the foods on the Paleolithic Diet food list that you might want to consider:
- Beef, chicken, and fish
- Vegetables (especially root vegetables, not including potatoes or sweet potatoes)
- Nuts, e.g. walnuts, Brazil nuts, almonds, macadamia nuts. Do not eat cashews or beans
- Berries s- strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, etc.
Another advantage of this dieting scheme is that it is good for weight loss. This is a healthier alternative to losing weight than taking commercially available slimming pills. This is for the simple reason that is all natural. Although this diet might sound like it is just an imitation of what the Paleolithic diet used to be in ancient times, this Paleo diet is a sophisticated way to enjoy each meal coupled with modern processed agricultural food and water to eliminate toxins that may cause deterioration in our body systems in general. This is also a high-fiber and low-carbohydrate diet. This would mean that it can outpace the conventional low-calorie diet.
Various studies showed that this kind of diet technique is good for preventing allergies. You can indulge without having to worry about possible allergy attacks that other dieting methods could possibly create. It is because this diet is designed to be in synch with our genetic responses so that dieters are free of potential allergy boosters.
However, you also need to sacrifice a little by observing some rules for you to achieve the weight and health you are aiming for:
- The first rule is eating lean meat. It might sound exotic but eating meats that are wild contains nutrients similar to what a caveman usually ate. Just forget how wild they are and remember the benefits that you will enjoy.
- The second rule is avoiding starch. Starches are rich in carbohydrates. The Paleo diet is a kind of low-carb diet that excludes grains like rice.
- The third rule is to minimize dairy products because you are mimicking the Paleolithic Era. Ice cream, milk, and the like did not exist during this time.
- The fourth rule is avoiding processed foods. The caveman did not eat processed food. Too much exposure to technology and preservatives lessen the nutrients that can be derived naturally from these foods.
- The fifth rule is self-control in obeying the aforementioned rules.
It is a wise choice to live healthy, stay healthy, and aim to be healthy. This is not a tough sacrifice if you make it a part of your daily routine. So enjoy the Paleolithic diet in the present and maintain that amazing ancient healthy person in you by following the paleolithic diet food list.